Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/02/24 15:31:10 UTC

Final steps for importing the AFP Renderer

Manuel, Pete, Joe,

since Manuel told me he is very busy right now, I'd like to do a few
things for him. Let me list what remaining steps we need to take to
finish the code donation for the AFP Renderer.

AFAIK, Manuel has pretty much finished the port for FOP Trunk and has
placed the code in the CVS respository in SourceForge. What should now
be done is to tag the CVS repository and create a ZIP or TAR.GZ from
that tag. This file should then be posted on a publicly available web
server. When this is done, please send me the URL.

From this point on, people can start to review the contribution.

I'll calculate an MD5 checksum over the file and will create a software
grant form (referencing that file and its MD5) with all your names on it.
I'll then send all of you three the form which you should to sign and
fax to the ASF.

When all three forms have been received by the ASF's secretary, I'll
complete the IP clearance form and present it to the Incubator PMC which
will approve the form. After that we're free to vote on the final import
(i.e. just checking if someone found something out of the order).

I know this is tedious work but I got confirmation that this needs to be
done like this. Thanks for staying with us on this.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Final steps for importing the AFP Renderer

Posted by Joe Schmetzer <jo...@exubero.com>.
On Fri, 24 February, 2006 2:31 pm, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Manuel, Pete, Joe,
>
> since Manuel told me he is very busy right now, I'd like to do a few
> things for him. Let me list what remaining steps we need to take to
> finish the code donation for the AFP Renderer.
>
> AFAIK, Manuel has pretty much finished the port for FOP Trunk and has
> placed the code in the CVS respository in SourceForge. What should now
> be done is to tag the CVS repository and create a ZIP or TAR.GZ from
> that tag. This file should then be posted on a publicly available web
> server. When this is done, please send me the URL.

I can roll a tarball over the weekend. Manuel, can you confirm that you
have checked all your code in? (I haven't seen any checkins for a while -
see
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/afp-renderer/afp-fop-src/src/org/apache/fop/render/afp/?only_with_tag=FOP_ALPHA
).

Thanks for your time on this.
--
Joe Schmetzer .:. Renaissance Developer .:. http://www.exubero.com/

Re: Final steps for importing the AFP Renderer

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Thanks, Joe. Attached you will find a customized software grant form
which each of you three (Joe, Pete and Manuel) should sign and send to
the ASF's secretary:

The Apache Software Foundation
1901 Munsey Drive
Forest Hill