Posted to users@camel.apache.org by abaldoni <al...@comune.faenza.ra.it> on 2013/09/09 13:32:01 UTC

Help in understanding route behaviour

Hello, I'm new to Camel and I'm starting to learn it.
I have a problem with the following route:
	from()
		.unmarshal()
			.filter().javaScript()
				.setHeader()
				.convertBodyTo()
				.to();

When I run it, the filter() gets applied; if filter() returns true,
everything is ok; if filter() returns false, the setHeader() and convertTo()
steps are bypassed but the to() step is not.

I'm using Camel 2.11.1 in a Java SE application.

Regards,
Alessandro

Re: Help in understanding route behaviour

Posted by abaldoni <al...@comune.faenza.ra.it>.
The problem was with the from() producer. After enabling all the tracing
options as in http://camel.apache.org/tracer.html, I was able to understand
what was going on.

The actual code for the producer is:

    from("mina2:udp://<ip address>:514")

Somehow, with both mina and mina2, the source message is "echoed" back
between a random port and port 514.

Using Netty everything works as expected.