Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Charles Harvey III <ch...@alloy.com> on 2005/11/02 22:55:44 UTC

I/O Error: Socket closed

I keep getting "socket closed" errors when connecting to one database.
The DB server is pretty new and has lots of memory.  And the machines
running Tomcat are just fine as well.  So what is causing my problem?

I run linux for the Tomcat machine, and I am connecting to a SQL 2000 DB.
I am using the jTDS driver.

Is it something in my code?  Something in the driver?  Is my DB acting
up?  Here is a snippet of stack trace.

[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl] ERROR: SQLException
during the execution of the query (for a com.alloyinc.quiz.bean.Quiz):
I/O Error: Socket closed
I/O Error: Socket closed
java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Socket closed
        at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.executeSQL(TdsCore.java:1038)
        at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQLQuery(JtdsStatement.java:360)
        at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JtdsPreparedStatement.java:672)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeQuery(JdbcAccessImpl.java:283)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsQueryObject.performQuery(RsQueryObject.java:74)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsIterator.<init>(RsIterator.java:183)

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:99)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at java.io.DataOutputStream.write(DataOutputStream.java:85)
        at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.sendNetPacket(SharedSocket.java:644)
        at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.RequestStream.putPacket(RequestStream.java:559)
        at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.RequestStream.flush(RequestStream.java:507)
        at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.executeSQL(TdsCore.java:1025)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Charlie