Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Chanan Braunstein <CB...@knovel.com> on 2000/09/08 15:15:58 UTC

Jrun and Soap

Hello,
	Has anyone tried to configure JRun 3.0 to use SOAP? If so, would that
person mind giving an overview of what they had to do?

Chanan Braunstein
knovel Corp.
http://www.knovel.com

RE: Jrun and Soap

Posted by Peter Schauss <ps...@rtswireless.com>.
I posted a note on this yesterday and got the following reply from
Glen Daniels [gdaniels@ALLAIRE.COM].  I assume he won't mind if I
post it to the list.  With these instructions I had the Apache SOAP 2.0
AddressBook example running in a matter of minutes.  NT users should note
that the slashes in the class path in global.properties go forward (UNIX
style) instead of backward.

HTH
Peter Schauss
RTS Wireless
Woodbury, NY

---------------------------snip snip----------------------------------------

I'm working on a set of instructions, but probably won't be able to finish
them until I return from California on the 18th.

The nutshell version goes like this:

1) Open up JRun's global.properties file (in <JRun-installation-dir>/lib)
and add the Xerces .jar file to the beginning of the jrun.classpath line.
Mine looks like this:

jrun.classpath=E:/Projects/xerces-1_1_3/xerces.jar;{jrun.rootdir}/lib/ext;{j
run.rootdir}/lib/jrun.jar;{jrun.rootdir}/lib/install.jar

2) Go into the JMC, and select the "Web Applications" section of your server
(I use the JRun Default Server).  Click on "deploy an application".

3) Select the Apache-SOAP /java/webapps directory in the "Servlet War File
or Directory" box.

4) Name the application (I call it "xml-soap"), and pick a base URL (I use
"/xml-soap")

5) Select a deploy directory (I use the default, which is JRun's default
server directory, plus /xml-soap, so for me
"C:/JRun/servers/default/xml-soap"

6) Click "deploy"

7) Go to the "java settings" area of your default server, and add the
Apache-SOAP lib directory (soap-2_0/lib) and the base directory (soap-2_0 -
this is so you get access to the samples) to the classpath.

8) Restart the server.  NOTE: You must shut down and restart BOTH the admin
server and the default server for the change you made to the
global.properties file to take.

9) Try it out - access http://localhost/xml-soap/servlet/rpcrouter and see
if you get the "I can't do GET" message.

More details in a couple of weeks - good luck!

--Glen

RE: Jrun and Soap

Posted by Peter Schauss <ps...@rtswireless.com>.