Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Ksenia Khailenko <xe...@tut.by> on 2011/08/08 08:01:05 UTC

Fwd: [Announce] GSoC 2011 Mentors/Org Admins: Reminder: "Pencils Down" Dates Approaching

Hi Eshan! For your information, there is no time to wait anymore, I'm still
looking forward for your updates.

Posted by Eshan Sudharaka <es...@gmail.com>.
@kSenia I need some help to solve this.

In Application class in trunk under the startup method we can find :

        this.frameController = new CayenneModelerController(this);

Then it calles the CayenneModelerController's constructor and with in that
we can see :

      this.frame = new CayenneModelerFrame(application.getActionManager());

in this applicaion.getActionManager() it calls injector and retrieve a
DefaultActionManager object. So it is obvious it calls the constructor of
 DefaultActionManager. And here we can see the registering actions like
this.

    registerAction(new ProjectAction(application));

Up to this point it has not created the  framecontroller of Aplications
class instance which is created by Main.java. But inside the Action Classes
we use application.getFrameController() method to get the controller. (Once
the action is performed ). In my case I am getting a NPE here. As I figure
out  it seems  the application object we pass to the Action class does not
have Frame controller. (since we pass aapplication object to Action classes
before we initialize FrameController ) .

But since Java is pass by reference programing language this cannot be
happen. because once it execute
      this.frameController = new CayenneModelerController(this);
 of the application instance which created by Main.java then all
the references are get updated.

This is the NPE which I am trying to solve. And sorry for asking a long
question.

--
*~Thanks & Regards~*
***