Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ilia Stepanov <il...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/04 17:17:57 UTC

Too many instances of org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat

Hello,
Is it possible to reduce number
of org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat instances in the memory?
We have about 3 thousands of consumers which results in same number of
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat in memory, each in a separate
connection thread. Altogether they occupy more than 200 MB of memory.

Is there a way to keep the amount of used memory under control?

regard,s
ilia

Re: Too many instances of org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
OpenWireFormat is used to control different properties on the connections
and how the raw byte streams are coded/decoded. Which transport are you
using? NIO?

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog