Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Saurabh Wadhawan <Sa...@guavus.com> on 2014/10/18 22:46:49 UTC

Joining the spark dev community

How can I become a spark contributor.
What's the good path that I can follow to become an active code submitter for spark from a newbie.

Regards
- Saurabh

Re: Joining the spark dev community

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saurabh,

Good way to start is to use Spark with your applications and file
issues you might have found and maybe provide patch for those or
existing ones.

Please take a look at Spark's how to contribute page [1] to help you
get started.

Hope this helps.

- Henry

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Contributing+to+Spark