Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> on 2005/05/05 23:52:39 UTC

Fancy CLI and stoof

Hi gang,

I got some cool stuff working. Try something along the lines of

 svn up
 cd ~/svn/gump/branches/Gump3
 export GUMP_HOME=`pwd`
 $GUMP_HOME/gump help run
 $GUMP_HOME/gump run --workspace=$GUMP_HOME/fixture/metadata/workspace.xml \
   --enable-colors --do-updates

You might also want to try

 $GUMP_HOME/gump run --workspace=$GUMP_HOME/fixture/metadata/workspace.xml \
   --enable-colors --do-updates --debug

For verbose output. Changes include:

 * working cyclic dependency detection
 * color coding
 * readable output
 * completely set up "debug" mode vs "normal" mode

Lemme know what you think!

Cheers,

Leo

Re: Fancy CLI and stoof

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> Lemme know what you think!

I love the concept. Unfortunately, on Cygwin, I see this below. I get pretty
much the same whatever Gump command I try.

Adam

$ bash gump kill
   1152 [main] bash 3292 fork_parent: child 4012 died waiting for longjmp
before
 initialization
gump: fork: No such file or directory
   1484 [main] bash 4100 fork_parent: child 3440 died waiting for longjmp
before
 initialization
gump: fork: No such file or directory
   4974 [main] bash 3444 fork_parent: child 3440 died waiting for longjmp
before
 initialization
gump: fork: No such file or directory
   5021 [main] bash 4136 fork_parent: child 4012 died waiting for longjmp
before
 initialization
gump: fork: No such file or directory
   2124 [main] bash 3440 fork_parent: child 4012 died waiting for longjmp
before
 initialization
gump: fork: No such file or directory
    200 [main] bash 3348 fork_parent: child 4012 died waiting for longjmp
before
 initialization
gump: fork: No such file or directory
  15534 [main] bash 3600 fork_parent: child 4184 died waiting for longjmp
before
 initialization
gump: fork: Bad file descriptor
gump: Fatal error!

Process ID specified in Pygump lockfile not found, no process to kill!

ajack@tsws1 /cygdrive/f/data/Python/Gump3-SVN
$ ps: unknown option -- o
Usage: ps [-aefls] [-u UID]
Report process status

 -a, --all       show processes of all users
 -e, --everyone  show processes of all users
 -f, --full      show process uids, ppids
 -h, --help      output usage information and exit
 -l, --long      show process uids, ppids, pgids, winpids
 -s, --summary   show process summary
 -u, --user      list processes owned by UID
 -v, --version   output version information and exit
 -W, --windows   show windows as well as cygwin processes
With no options, ps outputs the long format by default