Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Peter Abramowitsch <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/09 05:25:04 UTC

Which CLI tool to use?

Hello

I've been using Brooklyn through its web UI during my initial learning, but
decided it was time to start using the CLI, especially as I would need to
do that in a production setting.

However, the 'br' executables I have downloaded for version 0.12.0 on the
Mac are just giving me a segmentation fault.   (MAC OS 10.14.5)

When I look in the Brooklyn 0.12.0 release's bin folder there are various
executables like 'client', 'karaf', 'instance' each with a set of commands
that don't match the br documentation, but some, like "client" which comes
up with a header calling itself Karaf provides one or two equivalent
commands - like 'application-list'

The one that is actually called karaf, however, just writes this:
ps: illegal argument: o
usage: ps [-AaCcEefhjlMmrSTvwXx] [-O fmt | -o fmt] [-G gid[,gid...]]
          [-u]
          [-p pid[,pid...]] [-t tty[,tty...]] [-U user[,user...]]
       ps [-L]

What gives?
Peter

Found the "failure section of the help"

Posted by Peter Abramowitsch <pa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, false alarm,  I found the help I needed -- it was in a closed tab
and so didn't show when I grepped.

Peter

Re: Which CLI tool to use?

Posted by Thomas Bouron <th...@cloudsoft.io>.
Hi Peter.

The log files are by default in /path/to/brooklyn/data/logs folder. I think
this is what you are looking for.

Best.

Re: Which CLI tool to use?

Posted by Peter Abramowitsch <pa...@gmail.com>.