Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "J. Bakshi" <jo...@infoservices.in> on 2009/10/07 12:38:18 UTC

usvn update question

Hello list,

I have installed usvn; a web based svn admin tool as well as browser for
client. It looks nice but missing the dump and upload feature. anyways I
have upgraded the usvn from 0.7 to 1.0.1 ; as described in their site ;
I have first downloaded the 1.0.1 untar it and then overwrite the 0.7
with 1.0.1. Though when I login as admin there is a message like

```````````````````````````````````
USVN version: 0.7.2

Your version of USVN is out of date. A new version 1.0.1 is available on
http://www.usvn.info.
``````````````````````````````````

I have followed the overwriting again and again but every time I get the
same message.  even I tried with

````````````````/
tar xvf usvn-1.0.1.tgz -C  <my usvn_directory path >   --strip 1/

```````````````````````````

but no luck.
What might be wrong here ?
Any idea from anyone ?

thanks

Re: usvn update question

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 08:38, J. Bakshi <jo...@infoservices.in> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have installed usvn; a web based svn admin tool as well as browser for
> client. It looks nice but missing the dump and upload feature. anyways I
> have upgraded the usvn from 0.7 to 1.0.1 ; as described in their site ;
> I have first downloaded the 1.0.1 untar it and then overwrite the 0.7
> with 1.0.1. Though when I login as admin there is a message like
>

> ```````````````````````````````````
> USVN version: 0.7.2
>
> Your version of USVN is out of date. A new version 1.0.1 is available on
> http://www.usvn.info.
> ``````````````````````````````````
>
> I have followed the overwriting again and again but every time I get the
> same message.  even I tried with
>
> ````````````````/
> tar xvf usvn-1.0.1.tgz -C  <my usvn_directory path >   --strip 1/
>
> ```````````````````````````
>
> but no luck.
> What might be wrong here ?
> Any idea from anyone ?

I think you'll do better asking in a usvn-specific venue. This mailing
list focuses on the core Subversion software, not add-ons.

RE: usvn update question

Posted by "Bolstridge, Andrew" <an...@intergraph.com>.
It sometimes helps to read the big warning message on the download page:

* You have USVN 0.7.2 : This is a major revision of USVN, it cannot be
installed as an update. It has to be installed in a new directory.
During the installation, you'll have the possibility to import the data
(database, repositories...) of an old 0.7.2 version located on your hard
drive.

So, delete your old version and install from fresh, or install to a new
directory and import the old data.