Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Zakharov, Vasily M" <va...@intel.com> on 2006/04/13 02:53:31 UTC

Contribution of RMI framework

Hi, all,

I would like to announce the next code contribution to Harmony project
on
behalf of Intel corporation. This contribution contains the
implementation
of RMI framework.

The archive with this contribution can be found at:

The Remote Method Invocation (RMI) framework enables an object in one
virtual machine to call methods of an object in another one, to create
applications distributed on various Java virtual machines on the same
or different hosts.

For more information please see the documentation contained in the
bundle.

The code is a result of efforts of Intel Middleware Product Division
team.
One should be able to run this code with a 1.4+ compatible JRE/VM (was
tested using commercial VMs). No classes require special support from
the VM.
All code is pure Java. The implementation is done according to Java 1.4
specification of RMI.

The archive contains the README file that explains the building and
running
process for this code. If any additional comments or clarifications are
needed, feel free to contact me. I will be happy to answer all questions
about this contribution and to participate in its further
development/maintenance and integration into Harmony.

Vasily Zakharov
Intel Middleware Product Division

Re: Contribution of RMI framework

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Cool!

How does this compare to the other RMI framework that also has been
donated?  Any thoughts?

geir

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
I think we need compare contributions method by method to assemble
the best classlib

Thanks,
Mikhail