Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/13 15:23:09 UTC

Cannot login on New Plugin Portal

Hi all,
  I just finished trying the new procedure for having a plugin available on
the new Plugin Portal.

I successfully published the plugin on Maven Central (perhaps the biggest
step) now I am trying to log-in into the plugin portal to complete the
publishing process but after inserting my Google credentials the
"AddPlugin" button mentioned in the Help section is not available.

I was able to log-in last friday just to have a look so this looks like a
temporary server problem, could anyone have a look?

Regards,
Alex

Re: Cannot login on New Plugin Portal

Posted by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jiri,
  I successfully logged-in from work (Windows 10, Chrome) and created a new
plugin request.

Will check again at home (Linux, Chrome) following your suggestions this
evening and let you know.

Thank you.

Regards,
Alex

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.
Hello Alessandro,

Posted by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com>.
I essentially followed the step by step instructions on the Dzone article
by Mohammed Nadeem mentioned on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/How+to+Upload+NetBeans+Modules+to+Maven+Central
(last page listed on the plugin portal help page).

The differences from the 2016 article were:
1- after opening the ticket on Sonatype Jira it is requested to create a
GitHub repo to demonstrate ownership of the account
2- the maven javadoc plug-in config to add to the Pom file is not correctly
reported in the article, refer to the Pom mentioned at the end
3- propagation of PGP signature requires some minutes so I initially got
failures due to unrecognized signatures
4- I had to add the developer information section to the Pom file

A novice might be confused by the maven release plugin way of working
(prepare/perform steps) and is absolutely needed to git reset hard the
commits made by the release plugin if something goes wrong and adjustment
commits are needed otherwise you are forced to advance the version without
a real reason.

Positive side effect of the strict maven release way of working
(snapshot/release version alternance) is the availability of development
NBM artifacts on Sonatype snapshot repository useful if some user wants to
be on the bleeding edge.

Regards,
Alex

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.
That's awesome! Thanks a lot Dmitry. I have linked your article from our
How to Sonatype Wiki page:

Posted by Dmitry Avtonomov <dm...@gmail.com>.
https://dmtavt.com/post/2017-01-25-publishing-to-maven-central/

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.