Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by babbarkrishan <kr...@paxcel.net> on 2015/08/11 14:58:51 UTC

Re: Step by step guide for SSO implementation using Shiro

Thanks Jérôme,

We are able to use Jasig CAS with our 2 applications as a client.
One application is based upon Spring and other is Pentaho.

These are working fine.

Now, we got an another requirement of single session for a particular user.
Means, if a user is logged in a browser and same user try to login again in
another browser then destroy her older session and allow to login in new
browser.

Kindly suggest.

Same question is asked by my teammate at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31942043/jasig-cas-allow-only-one-session-per-user-account.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Krishan

Re: Step by step guide for SSO implementation using Shiro

Posted by jleleu <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

To ensure you log only once, you need some custom mechanism: check that the
username is not already in the current ticket registry: either you can
easily request your ticket registry by username or you need to save
somewhere the information of which username has logged in.
Maybe you can use the CAS addons for that:
https://github.com/Unicon/cas-addons/wiki

I think the question has already been asked on the CAS user mailing list.

Best regards,
Jérôme