Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com> on 2009/12/15 22:29:58 UTC

Re: OFBiz FAQ (& more)

Apologies for hijacking the topic; mine is related:

Apparently, the WIKI is under a restructuring, however, I do have a couple
of questions here:

   - On the new WIKI I can see misleading wordings (or I do not get it) for
   two areas:

   1. What is the difference between "Feature Proposals" and "Requirements
   gathering" ? Shall these be reflecting different status of new features in
   some OCP (OFBiz Community Process) or is that just a coincidence?
   2. Further, what is the difference between "Miscellaneous" and "Misc
   Pages - Technical" ?

Just in case there is some reasoning behind the structure, it would also ne
helpful to find that commented on the WIKI landing page so users are not
left alone with exploring.

   - Secondly, I am trying really hard, but I fail to find my contributions
   back on the new WIKI, namely:

   1. Guide to OFBiz-i18n, Internationalisation of OFBiz
   2. Documentation de_DE (and tree underneath)
   3. Physical Architecture patterns for OFBiz

So, if there is anyone, masterminding the new WIKI structure (at least for
the first 1-2 levels), please give me some guidance on where to put the
stuff now.
Otherwise I would find a new home myself on the weekend ... before this work
is going to be lost and we have to redo.

Kind regards!
And sorry again, Ruth, for hijacking your topic.

Carsten

--

Best

Carsten Schinzer

Waisenhausstr. 53a
80637 München
Germany

Re: OFBiz FAQ (& more)

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jeroen,

thanks for that link. I could not be in more agreement on that aim !!
First of all, I've added myself as "willing to contribute".

Secondly, I am not sure where to place the entire "internationalisation",
i18n stuff.
A lot of it is just Admin related, so Administrators FAQ seems the right
home. But the topic / buzzword as such has cross-area relevance, i.e. parts
need documentation in Admin, others in Dev FAQ.

So that leads me to another question: Are you planning to (re-)structure the
WIKI by Hierarchy using root and child documents?

Or would you place your "categories" as "Labels" on the documents?

IMHO, your structure would make most sense when used as a canonical
hierarchy while topics such as i18n should be added as Labels.

Let me know your thoughts
Regards

Carsten

--