Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Shock <sh...@ms15.url.com.tw> on 2000/02/29 01:37:49 UTC

Mail

Dear sir:

  I am running Apache 1.3.9 on Solaris 2.5.1, sparc Ultra-2.
  I got a problem about Apache::ASP 0.17, After I upgrade ASP module from
0.15 to 0.17, I type http://my.server.com/servlet/. The servlet gets to run
immediately, not asking for any logon information. But when I downgrade ASP
modules to 0.15, the authorization function is work. Can you can me any
suggestion to solve this question ? thanks a lot.

  The .htaccess under /servlet with the content as follows,

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*
FancyIndexing off
<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
require group dsd
</Limit>
AuthName secretPassword
AuthUserFile /home/tsmc1b/www/security/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /home/tsmc1b/www/security/.htgroup

  The list compiled-in modules Apache 1.3.9 :

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_digest.c
  mod_proxy.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_perl.c

  and install Apache::ASP is ok.

WWW[a/Apache-ASP-0.17]% perl Makefile.PL
Checking for the prerequisite modules...
 ... found Apache !
 ... found Carp !
 ... found Data::Dumper !
 ... found Fcntl !
 ... found HTTP::Date !
 ... found MD5 !
 ... found MLDBM !
 ... found SDBM_File !
 ... found Apache::Filter !
 ... found Apache::SSI !
 ... found CGI !
 ... found DB_File !
 ... found Devel::Symdump !
 ... found HTML::Clean !
 ... found Net::Config !
 ... found Net::SMTP !
Looks good!

Best Regards,
Chlien

Best Regads,
Shock Lien
Tue Feb 29 08:37:49 CST 2000

Re: Mail

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Shock wrote:

> Dear sir:
>
>   I am running Apache 1.3.9 on Solaris 2.5.1, sparc Ultra-2.
>   I got a problem about Apache::ASP 0.17, After I upgrade ASP module from
> 0.15 to 0.17, I type http://my.server.com/servlet/. The servlet gets to run
> immediately, not asking for any logon information. But when I downgrade ASP
> modules to 0.15, the authorization function is work. Can you can me any
> suggestion to solve this question ? thanks a lot.

I know I tried to make Apache::ASP more Auth friendly a few
versions ago, but it certainly wasn't supposed to break anything!
I'll try to look into this tomorrow.  Sorry for the troubles.

-- Joshua
Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA

Re: Mail

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Shock wrote:

> Dear sir:
>
>   I am running Apache 1.3.9 on Solaris 2.5.1, sparc Ultra-2.
>   I got a problem about Apache::ASP 0.17, After I upgrade ASP module from
> 0.15 to 0.17, I type http://my.server.com/servlet/. The servlet gets to run
> immediately, not asking for any logon information. But when I downgrade ASP
> modules to 0.15, the authorization function is work. Can you can me any
> suggestion to solve this question ? thanks a lot.
>
>   The .htaccess under /servlet with the content as follows,
>
> IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*
> FancyIndexing off
> <Limit GET POST>
> order deny,allow
> deny from all
> allow from all
> require group dsd
> </Limit>
> AuthName secretPassword
> AuthUserFile /home/tsmc1b/www/security/.htpasswd
> AuthGroupFile /home/tsmc1b/www/security/.htgroup

I don't know what the problem here for you is.  Apache::ASP
should not have anything to do with Apache's authentication
because that should happen before Apache::ASP gets to it.

I tried your above configuration, but not the AuthGroupFile
line, and I get the normal password dialogue box, as expected.

Try this with Apache::ASP... have your authentication set,
and for a particular directory turn Apache::ASP on, and
then turn it off for your files.  Does it make a difference
whether ASP is actively serving the files ?  It seems there
must be something else afoot to explain this odd behavior.