Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu> on 2009/07/06 15:38:01 UTC

RE: xml-security-c: Makefile should support Win32 compile using Cygwin or MingW32

Hill, Shane wrote on 2009-07-06:
> G'day All,
>
> Not sure if this is the correct list. Can't seem to find a contact for
> xml-security-c for xerces-c.

It's not the correct list (security-dev@xml.apache.org, and issues or
requests for enhancement would go to bugzilla in any case.

The project is also virtually orphaned, as I'm the sole maintainer, doing so
only for my own projects and don't tend to spend effort on anything I don't
specifically need.

Cygwin would qualify as I know nothing about using it. If you have a patch
that's regression-tested, I'd be happy to look at it.

> Unfortunately these mods don't make the code frendly to be built under
> Linux. This was just a quick hack to get it to work with Cygwin/MingW32.
> The original files work fine with Linux.

That would fall under the "not regression-tested" category, so somebody
would need to step up.

-- Scott

RE: xml-security-c: Makefile should support Win32 compile using Cygwin or MingW32

Posted by "Hill, Shane" <Sh...@dsto.defence.gov.au>.
G'day Scott,

I have just connected to security-dev mailing list. I have also just
found the "Getting Involved" section on your web site, (I didn't notice
the Home, Java, C++ tabs ... I came directly  to the C++ tab). I'll look
at setting myself up to provide a regression-tested patch.

Have Fun !!

Shane Hill

> Not sure if this is the correct list. Can't seem to find a contact for

> xml-security-c for xerces-c.

It's not the correct list (security-dev@xml.apache.org, and issues or
requests for enhancement would go to bugzilla in any case.

The project is also virtually orphaned, as I'm the sole maintainer,
doing so only for my own projects and don't tend to spend effort on
anything I don't specifically need.

Cygwin would qualify as I know nothing about using it. If you have a
patch that's regression-tested, I'd be happy to look at it.

> Unfortunately these mods don't make the code frendly to be built under

> Linux. This was just a quick hack to get it to work with
Cygwin/MingW32.
> The original files work fine with Linux.

That would fall under the "not regression-tested" category, so somebody
would need to step up.

-- Scott

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.