Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/05/11 14:24:42 UTC

VPN access to PLC

Hi all,

well in general we have setup everything to be able to connect to a dedicated PLC4X network in our Frankfurt office.
Here we have connected all sorts of different PLCs. This should help experimenting with real PLCs even if it does not 100% replace having your own PLC, it does make things a lot easier.
Especially can we start setting up some integration-tests that test against the real thing instead of just hoping that if our tests pass real PLCs will also be able to talk.

Unfortunately integrating this VPN gateway into Apache’s LDAP isn’t possible.
I was hoping for the ability to automatically grant committers to PLC4X rights to connect to the VPN with the Apache credentials, but that’s not possible.

So as I don’t want to bug the guys in charge of our VPN every day … I would like to gather the names of people wanting access to that VPN so I can do a bulk order.

If you are interested in getting an account please respond to this thread. I’ll order the accounts some time at the beginning of next week.

Have a nice weekend,
      Chris

Re: VPN access to PLC

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok,

so I have requested accounts for Justin, Sebastian and myself (We already have one for the CI server).
Hopefully today I'll manage to get the VPN setup on our CI VM and I was promised to receive the missing power adapter to power the Beckhoff PLC.

After that we should all be equipped with all we need to develop for most of the targeted device types.

Chris

Am 12.05.18, 11:14 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com>:

    Hi,

    > If you are interested in getting an account please respond to this thread. I’ll order the accounts some time at the beginning of next week.

    Count me in!

    Justin

Re: VPN access to PLC

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.