Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/13 17:54:53 UTC

Terminology: Publication versus Site

Greetings All!

For Lenya 1.4 and beyond, I would like to suggest a gradual shift away
from the nonstandard term "publication" in favor of "site", at least
in the web UI and user documentation.  Currently Lenya intermixes
*both* terms throughout the UI and documentation, and it is a needless
addition to the many things a new Lenya user has to learn.

There are really very few places where this would need to occur.

Note - renaming the "pubs" directory to "sites" would require numerous
code changes, so I am NOT suggesting doing that.