Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2002/03/01 18:11:38 UTC

RE: taking over existing filestructure with slide?

Hello Sebastian,

We have a PlainFileSystemStore, which is near to what you described. Would
you be interested to use this store as a basis for your development? It
inherits from MemoryStore (some variables need to be made protected thus). I
will send you the class, if you are interested. You could move this store to
the slidestore package and re-donate it, when completed.

What do you think?

Best regards

Juergen

Posted by Sebastian Frankfurt <sf...@infesto.de>.
Pill, Juergen wrote:
> Hello Sebastian,
>
> We have a PlainFileSystemStore, which is near to what you described. Would
> you be interested to use this store as a basis for your development? It
> inherits from MemoryStore (some variables need to be made protected thus). I
> will send you the class, if you are interested. You could move this store to
> the slidestore package and re-donate it, when completed.
>
> What do you think?

Yeah, I'm interested in your PlainFileSystemStore... what does this
thingy do? To serve an existing filestructure without the need of
a description store (without pre-permission-setting?)?

Or do I have to add everything that has to do with unix permissions myself?

thanx,

Sebastian

PS: I tried to use MemoryDescriptorStore, but something's strange with
     the meta-information... I would like to have a closer look on your
     PlainFileSystemStore... and maybe ask some more newbie questions ;-)