Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com> on 2002/12/16 17:20:10 UTC

DefaultLogTargetManager and closing of targets

The DefaultLogTargetManager doesn't close the log targets when it is
disposed. Anyone objecting to my adding that functionality?

The only way of doing it appears to be by testing if a log target
is an instanceof AbstractLogTarget and then invoke close() on it.

Anyone having a better idea?

/LS

Re: DefaultLogTargetManager and closing of targets

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:20, Leo Sutic wrote:
> The only way of doing it appears to be by testing if a log target
> is an instanceof AbstractLogTarget and then invoke close() on it.

yep.

> Anyone having a better idea?

Previously I did it via reflection (look for close() method and call that if
present) so maybe thats another option.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

RE: DefaultLogTargetManager and closing of targets

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@citi-us.com>.
+1

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.
-1

Log targets aren't scoped to the container containing the
LogTargetManager. Thus one could accidentaly close someone
else's targets.