Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Pat Ryan <pr...@cardean.edu> on 2002/09/06 23:15:19 UTC

default layout file and how to change the name of this

Can someone explain to me how the default layout is selected for the
anon user?

What I would like to do is change the name of the default.jsp or
default.vm but it is not clear how to do this.

If I understand the code right, what it looks like it does is use the
TR.properties, template.homepage value to find a page with that name.
Right now it looks like the name is Home.  There is no Home.vm but there
is a Home.jsp, but it does not seem to find either in the
TemplateLocator.locateScreenTemplate so that method looks for a file
named default.<template extension>.

So I tried to change the template.homepage using a new default velocity
template, but it looks like the screen_placeholder variable was not
setup.  For JSP, it had trouble compiling my new default jsp file.

So, if anyone can explain how this mechanism works, I would appreciate
it.

BTW:  We are using jetspeed 1.4b2-dev, tomcat 4.1.10, jdk 1.4

Thanks
Pat

Re: default layout file and how to change the name of this

Posted by Chay Weei Jye <wj...@pd.jaring.my>.
Hi Pat,

I am not sure if this is what you're looking for.....

The easiest way to set a default layout for anon user is to copy your
favorite user's default.psml to the anon folder (psml\user\anon\html\..). I
do this by creating a special user, add portlets to its layout, select
preferred layout, i.e. 3 cloumns, etc. Then copy this user's psml to the
anon folder. I think the same could be done for WML too.

Hope this helps.

At 04:15 PM 9/6/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Can someone explain to me how the default layout is selected for the
>anon user?
>
>What I would like to do is change the name of the default.jsp or
>default.vm but it is not clear how to do this.
>
>If I understand the code right, what it looks like it does is use the
>TR.properties, template.homepage value to find a page with that name.
>Right now it looks like the name is Home.  There is no Home.vm but there
>is a Home.jsp, but it does not seem to find either in the
>TemplateLocator.locateScreenTemplate so that method looks for a file
>named default.<template extension>.
>
>So I tried to change the template.homepage using a new default velocity
>template, but it looks like the screen_placeholder variable was not
>setup.  For JSP, it had trouble compiling my new default jsp file.
>
>So, if anyone can explain how this mechanism works, I would appreciate
>it.
>
>BTW:  We are using jetspeed 1.4b2-dev, tomcat 4.1.10, jdk 1.4
>
>Thanks
>Pat
>

>--
>For additional commands, e-mail: