Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Havaldar, Raghu" <Ra...@ONSTAR.com> on 2002/08/15 16:04:27 UTC

multiple logger factories - configure ?

Hi,

I need to use multiple custom loggers, and in turn lead me to
create multiple logger factories. I am using v 1.2.5

Is there a way that I can couple a logger with it's own logger factory
in a log4j config file ? I understand it can easily be done
programmatically.

I can however specify a loggerfactory for all loggers, but unable to specify

factories for specific loggers.

e.g.
log4j.loggerFactory=com.foo.bar.CustomLoggerFactory
log4j.logger.com.foo=INFO, <appender>
log4j.logger.com.foo.bar=

The above config results in both the loggers being created with the
CustomLoggerFacotry.
However, I need to specify a different factory for each logger.

Any pointers ?

thanks,
raghu

ps: it was suggested to use log4j.loggerFactory.<loggerName>=<factoryClass>.
It does
not work.