Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Wyn Williams <he...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/19 14:35:36 UTC

IRC

Hello
Still following this conversation with interest, IRC is in fact a very
powerful tool in open source communities, log on to #plone for instance,
a lot of people and developers hang out there every day and answer
questions, collaborate with each other and otherwise interact with each
other.

#plone irc channel has an opt-in login feature allowing chats to be
logged and providing valuable references for the future, alongside email
lists (allowing for all to comment) and some real time tools it has put
Plone in the top two percent of active open source projects in the
world.

Plone developers channel is active and a lot gets decided there in terms
of directions which then get fed back into the wider community.

 Tuneups, ( http://plone-tuneup.ning.com/)  are a great tool, these are
held twice monthly, members check out the latest versions and accept
open tickets to work on together coordinating on a separate IRC channel
and using real time online editing tools and pastie.com people make a
real difference to the project and it is a good model to follow for ATS.

Lastly it is great watching a young open source community develop into a
mature model of development and achievement

Peace

Wyn Williams
IRC: asigottech / Wyn