Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> on 2023/01/11 02:37:44 UTC

nb16 source verification

Just downloaded source from https://netbeans.apache.org/download/nb16/

I'm getting verification failures with both sha and gpg.

I have to figure it out every time, could be cockpit error; but this
seems like a real failure.

-ernie

Re: nb16 source verification

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
On 23/01/10 11:26 PM, Svata Dedic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> downloaded right now - SHA512 seems correct

Thanks for checking.

> (did you checked by sha512, not sha1 :) ?)

Even better than that (probably 'cause I couldn't find sha1), on the
main download page I did right context on netbeans-16-source.zip "Save
Link As..." and then after my first attempt to verify failed, /*instead
of examining*//*the downloaded "zip" file*/ I tried the other
verification technique which also failed.

-ernie

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
On 11.01.23 08:26, Svata Dedic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> downloaded right now - SHA512 seems correct (did you checked by
> sha512, not sha1 :) ?), and even the GPG signature is OK - but Neil's
> signing key expired just today (signed on 21. Nov 2022)

gonna put this on my notes since this is something which should be
checked in an automated fashion by CI too once/if we add a workflow
which checks release artifacts.

-mbien

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
On 23/01/11 2:05 AM, Neil C Smith wrote:
> Unless we've ended up in mid-2025 without me noticing, could you try
> importing a recent KEYS file and check again?

Was getting expired, imported KEYS, got rid of expired.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 11 Jan 2023 at 07:33, Svata Dedic <sv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> downloaded right now - SHA512 seems correct (did you checked by sha512,
> not sha1 :) ?), and even the GPG signature is OK - but Neil's signing
> key expired just today (signed on 21. Nov 2022)

Unless we've ended up in mid-2025 without me noticing, could you try
importing a recent KEYS file and check again?  Let me know if you
still have an issue.

The key that was used was extended, and KEYS updated, last June.  Not
sure why it shows as expired today?!

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: nb16 source verification