Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/07 06:29:18 UTC

Re: Binning of timeseries data, urgent question

Thanks Ehsan,

The most essential part for these issues is the ability to aggregate data
(or named grouping/binning), which is scheduled in v5.4.

What you mentioned as "stacking" doesn't seem to behave like current
"stacking" [1] with Apache ECharts where each stacking element belongs to
different series and in most cases have different colors. As for the time
series, if data should be grouped into monthly, each month should have only
one bar with the sum of the data within the month, rather than stacking
bars each of which represents a single data.

If you have different ideas about this, please let me know and let's see
what we can provide for most reasonable situations.

[1]
https://echarts.apache.org/examples/en/editor.html?c=bar-y-category-stack

Thanks

*Ovilia*

Posted by Ehsan Saberian <eh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ovilia,

Thanks for your consideration. I'll be waiting for V5.4 and will be in
touch.

Regards,
-Ehsan

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.