Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Sutter <Mi...@ipe.fzk.de> on 2007/08/15 16:36:30 UTC

AXISCPP 1.6 installation

Hello list,

I have a problem during installation of axiscpp 1.6 under Linux. I want
to run the simple_axis_server but I don't know what to do therefore. The
installation guide is not clear for me.
I installed xerces2.2.0, exported $XERCESCROOT, added the installation
path to my PATH variable and the $XERCESCROOT/lib path to my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Then I installed axiscpp 1.6, set the AXISCPP_DEPLOY to
the root folder of the axiscpp installation (not the deploy folder).
Then I added the lib folder of $AXISCPP_DEPLOY to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I
was confused, that the folder has no .so files, so I copied all .so
files from $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/lib/axis to $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/lib. As for my
opinion they must be there. In the next steps I found, that the
axiscpp.conf file is under $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/deploy/etc so I copied the
file to my $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/etc. And edited the file with to my path.
During editing I found, that some of the mentioned files don't exist
with the mentioned name in $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/lib, so I changed the files
to the one I think mentioned. Below you can find my axiscpp.conf.

LogPath:$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/log/AxisLog
WSDDFilePath:$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/etc/server.wsdd
ClientLogPath:$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/log/AxisClientLog
XMLParser:$XERCESCROOT/lib/libxerces-c.so
Transport_http:$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/lib/libhttp_transport.so

In  my file all path are absolute, I wrote it only here for better
understanding.
The problem now is, that the simple_axis_server don't start. I have no
error message, only that it is canceled and no log is written.
Does anybody know my mistake and could explain it to me?

Kind regards
Michael