Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Shaurya Gupta <sh...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/02 20:07:38 UTC

Reactive DSE Java Driver seeing high response times from Cassandra

Hi

We are seeing high response times on the application side from the Java
Reactive DSE driver.
Cassandra server side metrics show response times of 2 ms but the DSE logs
show a response time (95th percentile) of 40ms.
Following
https://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/java-driver/4.2/manual/core/pooling/
it appears that the connections are open for sometime during a load run and
they go to 0, then again open-connections goes to the configured value
(4) + 1 and then again to 0.
Why is that ? Load run is at 30K RPM.
This happens even when I reduce the heartbeat interval to as low as 250
milliseconds.
The CPU consumed by the container is just 35% of available.

Can someone help with this ?

Thanks
--
Shaurya Gupta

Re: Reactive DSE Java Driver seeing high response times from Cassandra

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@apache.org>.
Hi Shaurya,

I'm sorry but we don't maintain the DSE driver.

Dinesh