Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yariel Ramos Moreno <yr...@ceis.cujae.edu.cu> on 2006/03/12 03:49:50 UTC

Pass acute characters by URL

Hello:

How can I pass acute characters by URL?

I try this:

http://localhost:8080/newsSystem/menu.do?clasification=Programaci%C3%B3n

where Programaci%C3%B3n is the equivalent of ProgramaciĆ³n. Then, when I show this in one Page it appears with those characters instead of the correct word.

Regards...

Re: Pass acute characters by URL

Posted by P Y <py...@gmail.com>.
#C3B3 is an utf-8 encoding. A quick workaround could be to use
entities  &oacute;
For more in depth details (iso-l1/utf-8), check this thread :
http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=28944