Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/17 18:38:04 UTC

Lucene/SearchGenerator exception

Hi,

I use the SearchGenerator in one of my pipeline and sometimes I get the
following Exception:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.util.NoSuchElementException: no more hits: Bad file descriptor

Original Exception: java.util.NoSuchElementException: no more hits: Bad file
descriptor
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.search.LuceneCocoonPager.next(LuceneCocoonPager.java:207)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generateHit(SearchGenerator.java:641)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generateHits(SearchGenerator.java:623)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generateResults(SearchGenerator.java:600)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generate(SearchGenerator.java:538)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:535)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:166)

Usually, when I reload the same url, I get the search results correctly
displayed (not always though).

Any idea?

Oscar

PS: I use cocoon-2.2.0-dev

Re: Lucene/SearchGenerator exception

Posted by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your input.

I have read these posts.

It seems however that the proposed solutions are related to other exceptions
("Too Many files open Error" and "IOException in index()") which appear on
indexing and not the "Bad Resource" error which appear on searching with the
SearchGenerator.

While the later error is mentioned I don't find a solution about it.

Did I miss something in these posts?

Thanks

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

Re: AW: Lucene/SearchGenerator exception

Posted by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com>.
I use Linux.