Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/01 17:07:22 UTC

Re: a question on different data grid components available for wicket

Martin.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <
> reiern70@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > InMethod Grid is more smarter. It supports column reordering, resizing,
> > > better Ajax support. But it is no active maintainer at the moment.
> > > Different community members provide patches when they need fixes but
> > that's
> > > all.
> > > It is also based on Yahoo UI v.2.
> > >

> > Maybe it is time to try to rewrite all column reordering, re-sizing logic
> > based on jquery (instead of YUI). Now that jquery comes "for free" with
> > wicket 6.x
> >

> I'm sure many users will be happy of such change.
> Even upgrading to YUI 3 will be a big improvement.
> The same is valid for wicket-datetime module.

I have managed to port grid functionality  to  use jquery. See [1] (just
deployed a temporary version of the sample application).

Issues.

1- sorting columns do not update grid properly.
2- Tree grid column reordering do work yet.

I will try to fix those tomorrow.

The only needed dependency is jquery itself.

I will add a flag that allows to choose between jquery and YUI backed grid
(with default to jquery;-). Shall I commit those changes? Create a branch?
Or a patch?

References,

1-http://antiliasoft.com/inmethod-grid-examples/

--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro
Antilia Soft

Re: a question on different data grid components available for wicket

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I see now. So, they both are regressions on 6.x.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Glad to be of some help...

Maybe next round of development should target replacing the use of (the now
deprecated) Tree component, with Sven's new Tree... Thought that might
prove more complicated and might also bring API breaks.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Ernesto,

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Martin,