Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Khan, Manuchehar A (ACF)" <mk...@acf.hhs.gov> on 2002/09/11 16:36:51 UTC

Question for using struts as our standard MVC framework

Hello Folks. I work for Govt and we have major policy meeting for using
struts as our stantard framework.
One developer in our team took the Sun pet store example and created a
framework that is basically a router/controller with xml configuration files
to define handlers and views. And that controller works fine..
He claims that strut has not followed sun standards and guidelines and
struts is not reliable. It can only support maximum 100 users and next year
struts team is coming up with new version based in JSTL and will trash all
releases.
I need some inputs from people here to make solid arguments for changing to
struts.
Thanks...

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
Sounds like a political argument more than anything else.

I could list 100 reasons to choose Struts, but it wouldn't change the mind
of someone who 'wants' to use what they have built....especially if they
have a long standing history as defending champion in the Vi(m)  vs.
(X)Emacs debate.

I wish you luck in your endeavor.

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

P.S. Tell them to stop being so ignorant and pickup FUC#ING book.
Hmmm....like the STRUTS book by Chuck Cavaness ;)