Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lakshmi <pu...@yahoo.co.in> on 2016/09/22 19:01:14 UTC

Merging two seperate Solr Indexs

Hi Everone,

  we are redesigning our site and doing this in phases. we have solr as our
search engine, our new site data set is different from the old one and is
indexes into the new core. now we need to search accross both new and old
cores to show the results.
1.how do we search across two different solr cores having different schemas
using single query?
2.Can we create a new core by merging the indexes from two different schemas
and use thrird core to provide search results
3. what is the ideal way to handle these kind of situations.

Thanks,
Lakshmi.