Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2003/02/13 04:22:55 UTC

[ANN] Apache Forrest 0.4 released

The Forrest team is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Forrest 0.4.  The release is available at
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xml/forrest/

Blurb
-----
Forrest (http://xml.apache.org/forrest/) is an XML standards-oriented
project documentation framework built on Apache Cocoon, providing XSLT
stylesheets and schemas, images and other resources. Forrest uses these
to render the XML source content into a website via command-line, robot
(see http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org), or a dynamic web application.

Status
------

Forrest 0.4 contains some important skin bugfixes made since 0.3:

 - krysalis-site skin now works with multi-level site.xml
 - krysalis-site #N12345-style fragment identifiers have been replaced
   with something more stable and user-friendly.
 - avalon-site skin no longer halts with an error after rendering
 - site.xml-generated menus are now limited to pages in or below the
   current directory, e.g. see http://xml.apache.org/forrest/community/
 - The HTML DOCTYPE has been fixed to get out of browser quirks mode.
   This fixes cross-browser issues in all skins.
 - A <credit role="pdf"> skinconf entry no longer cause a broken
   image in HTML if <url> and <image> are omitted [3]

Plus there are a number of minor enhancements:

 - All skins validate as CSS2.
 - book.xml files in subdirectories can now use "site:" URLs,
   removing the hassle of updating adding/deleting "../" paths
   to link with other URLs.
 - The Cocoon log level is now set to ERROR, to reduce log verbosity.
 - Some small PDF improvements.

The full list of changes is viewable at:

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/changes.html

Forrest 0.4 is (to our knowledge) backwards-compatible with all
previous releases.

Please send feedback to forrest-dev@xml.apache.org.

  The Apache Forrest team

Re: [ANN] Apache Forrest 0.4 released

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

> The Forrest team is pleased to announce the release of
> Apache Forrest 0.4.  The release is available at
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xml/forrest/

Yeah!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org