Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by "Robert Huber @ 7r" <hu...@seven-r.ch> on 2012/04/04 09:38:37 UTC

Using CayenneModeler as standalone tool

Hi

As a newbie to Cayenne, I would like to know if CayenneModeler can be used sensibly as a standalone application? As described in the docu, if I save a project, I get the 2 files cayenne-<project-name>.xml and <project-name.map.xml.
Double clicking on either doesn't bring me back into the state I left when I saved the project in CayenneModeler? So I am not sure if it is supported to just use CayenneModeler or if CayenneModeler has always to be used from within Eclipse?

Best regards, Robert

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/                             r. huber
               _/
            _/      _/      _/           7r gmbh
         _/      _/  _/               alpenstrasse 93
      _/      _//                   ch-8200 schaffhausen
   _/      _/
_/      _/                    tel. +41 52 624 81 15   www.seven-r.ch

Re: Using CayenneModeler as standalone tool

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
I'll also add that for anyone wanting to dip their toe in the water of contributing to Cayenne, this should be a really quite easy task. The changes impact the modeler (and the Swing layout), but they don't touch on the complex core parts of Cayenne runtime. There is already code, and although it is a bit messy, it gives a good guideline for what needs to be touched.

Cheers
Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Using CayenneModeler as standalone tool

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by "Robert Huber @ 7r" <hu...@seven-r.ch>.
Hi Andrus

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
Hi Robert

If you had any developer time available, you could review the patch here for modeler comments and properties:

This was created by an intern I briefly had at work. The guts of it are done, but a bit of cleaning up is needed before it is ready to merge. I've dropped the ball on this for a while since I've been so busy, but it would be great to get it merged.

Ari

Posted by "Robert Huber @ 7r" <hu...@seven-r.ch>.
Hi Michael

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.