Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anthony Whitford <an...@whitford.com> on 2013/03/10 18:58:53 UTC

Latest snapshot not downloaded

Since upgrading from Maven 2.2.1 to Maven 3.0.4, I have been running into the problem of the latest snapshot not being downloaded despite having the updateAlways true.

It looks like I have the same issue as this:  http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/latest-snapshot-not-downloaded-td4652874.html
Note that I too am using Artifactory (2.2.2).
What I don't understand is that this link:  http://wiki.jfrog.org/confluence/display/RTF/Local+Repositories
says that "Maven 3 Only Supports Unique Snapshots" -- Huh?  Is that true?
According to the pom model, we still have the uniqueVersions element -- and that is set to false for my snapshot repo.

My Artifactory instance is being shared by both Maven 2 and Maven 3 projects.  I need a solution that will support both Maven 2 and Maven 3 -- at least until all projects have a chance to transition to Maven 3. And I'd prefer to keep the non-unique snapshot setting.

Any advice appreciated.  Thanks,

Anthony

Re: Latest snapshot not downloaded

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi,
That is true that Maven 3 will now deploy timestamped snapshots
irrespective of the pom settings.
Note that if you use a repo manager, like you say you do, this should not
be an issue. I suppose there's a configurable system like in nexus to clean
old snapshots?

About updateAlways, I never used it, but I would say it's preferable to use
-U (update snapshots) on the command line (on the CI server) so that Maven
is not told to check for each build even on your local machine.

Cheers