Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Thomas Klausner <do...@zsi.at> on 2000/07/24 01:08:58 UTC

Aborting Apache startup during PerlInitHandler

Hi!

I have got a PerlInitHandler that does some config parsing etc.

I would like Apache to stop starting up and to print out some error
message ("Config Directive blabla missing" or something like that) if
an error occures during config parsing. (As it is happing when
something is wrong with the Apache Config (httpd.cfg ...))

How can this be done?
--
D_OMM              http://domm.zsi.at
O_xyderkes

Re: Aborting Apache startup during PerlInitHandler

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have got a PerlInitHandler that does some config parsing etc.
>
> I would like Apache to stop starting up and to print out some error
> message ("Config Directive blabla missing" or something like that) if
> an error occures during config parsing. (As it is happing when
> something is wrong with the Apache Config (httpd.cfg ...))
>
> How can this be done?

PerlInitHandler?  that happens at request time, not startup time.
assuming you mean PerlRequire or PerlModule, just do something like so:

warn "config failed";
CORE::exit(1);