Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in> on 2017/02/13 13:26:37 UTC

about cube building?

what are ideal way to build cube? Like what are the parameters we should keep
in mind before building cube?
how much data(in days) can be stored in cube? What is the best incremental
period for cube?

Re: about cube building?

Posted by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in>.
Around 700 MB we are adding per day.

Re: about cube building?

Posted by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in>.
Thank you

Re: about cube building?

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.
about NodeJS, there is another open thread "Kylin with Node JS"

http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/Kylin-with-Node-JS-td7180.html

Re: about cube building?

Posted by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in>.
need some clarification.

Re: about cube building?

Posted by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in>.
thank you for your response..
but still i am little bit confused about cube merging time.

Thank You

Re: about cube building?

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.
The size isn't a problem thanks to HBase. See this
<http://www.slideshare.net/Hadoop_Summit/apache-kyln-balance-between-space-and-time#8>
cubes of TB works fine, and one project can hold several cubes ;)

About the merge slowness I can't see any problem

Re: about cube building?

Posted by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in>.
And how much data(in size) we can keep in cube?

Re: about cube building?

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.
I cant see any error
How many GB are per day?

Re: about cube building?

Posted by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in>.
Yes, it is a full date in the format of YYYY-MM-DD

Re: about cube building?

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.
Merge segments in Kylin, means rebuild HBase region
Is your partition Column a DaySlot ?

Re: about cube building?

Re: about cube building?

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.
Hello,

About the first steps, you can see, "Quick Start with Sample cube"
<http://kylin.apache.org/docs16/tutorial/kylin_sample.html>

About, "incremental period for cube", see "Create Cube
<http://kylin.apache.org/docs16/tutorial/create_cube.html>" and Retention
Range (step 4 of this manual). More detailed description on KYLIN-906
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-906>