Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Nichols, Aaron" <an...@Ellacoya.com> on 2006/07/12 16:36:34 UTC

Upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2

I've done a couple of searches, but all I can find is that the upgrade
process is "straightforward".  I am currently running Subversion 1.3.1
and TortoiseSVN 1.3.5 on WindowsXP.  I'm trying to upgrade Subversion to
1.3.2.  I've downloaded the binary, but when I double-click it to
install, I get an error regarding permissions when I reach the file
bin/intl3_svn.dll and the upgrade/install fails.  I don't want to
uninstall 1.3.1 and then install 1.3.2 since I'm assuming that will
screw up my repositories.

Can someone just let me know the correct procedure to upgrade?  Thanks.

Re: Upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2

Posted by Rainer Müller <mu...@gmx.de>.
Nichols, Aaron wrote:
> I’ve done a couple of searches, but all I can find is that the upgrade
> process is “straightforward”.  I am currently running Subversion 1.3.1
> and TortoiseSVN 1.3.5 on WindowsXP.  I’m trying to upgrade Subversion to
> 1.3.2.  I’ve downloaded the binary, but when I double-click it to
> install, I get an error regarding permissions when I reach the file
> bin/intl3_svn.dll and the upgrade/install fails.  I don’t want to
> uninstall 1.3.1 and then install 1.3.2 since I’m assuming that will
> screw up my repositories.

Maybe you didn't stop the Subversion server (svnserve) or Apache before upgrading?

Rainer