Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by James Knoke <jk...@ewa.com> on 2015/05/11 14:27:47 UTC

How can revisions be missing from a repository?

I was handed a dump file by a 3rd party and I am supposed to analyze it.  I've got it loaded and can look at the log and do all the usual things without any apparent errors.  But I notice that some revision numbers are missing.  How can this be?

Thanks!

Jim Knoke
Sr. Security Engineer
EWA-IIT
703-478-7660
JKnoke@EWA.com

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and intended only for the named recipients.

Re: How can revisions be missing from a repository?

Posted by Andreas Stieger <An...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

James Knoke wrote:

> I've got it loaded and can look at the log and do all the usual things without
> any apparent errors.  But I notice that some revision numbers are missing.
> How can this be?

a) You may be looking at the history of a path that was not changed in certain revisions.
   Verify by examining the log of the root of the repository, ("^").
b) filtered history or partial mirroring, e.g.
   http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.filtering
   http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.tk.svndumpfilter

Andreas