Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Hubert, Eric" <Er...@foxmobile.com> on 2009/03/14 12:47:13 UTC

Usage of @deprecated

Hi Synapse-Devs,

While having a look at the AbstractMediator class I noticed all the deprecated methods. From my perspective deprecating methods to keep backward compatibility is generally a good thing. Unfortunately you didn't use the @deprecated JavaDoc-Tag to provide information about the reason and/or what to use instead.
If someone is aware of the details it would be helpful to add this information there and always include it in the future while deprecating methods.

Thanks,
   Eric

Re: Usage of @deprecated

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Ruwan

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Andreas Veithen
<an...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Good point. I've modified the Javadoc to include the relevant @deprecated
> tags.
>
> Andreas
>
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:47, Hubert, Eric <Er...@foxmobile.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Synapse-Devs,
> >
> > While having a look at the AbstractMediator class I noticed all the
> deprecated methods. From my perspective deprecating methods to keep backward
> compatibility is generally a good thing. Unfortunately you didn't use the
> @deprecated JavaDoc-Tag to provide information about the reason and/or what
> to use instead.
> > If someone is aware of the details it would be helpful to add this
> information there and always include it in the future while deprecating
> methods.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >   Eric

Ruwan Linton
Senior Software Engineer & Product Manager; WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.org
email: ruwan@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 341 3097
blog: http://ruwansblog.blogspot.com

RE: Usage of @deprecated

Posted by "Hubert, Eric" <Er...@foxmobile.com>.
Many thanks Andreas!

> Good point. I've modified the Javadoc to include the relevant @deprecated
> tags.
Now reading the JavaDoc everything is clear.

Re: Usage of @deprecated

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.