Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Perry, Mike" <MP...@kheaa.com> on 2004/07/09 16:29:28 UTC

chainsaw v2 - newb

hi all,
I am new to log4j.   I used the link for java web start to attempt to
install Chainsaw V2.   it looked like it was going to work, then I got the
error listed below.   any advice would be greatly appreciated.   I am not
really sure of what to do to get this run.

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Log4j Chainsaw v2
Vendor: Apache
Category: Unexpected Error

javax/xml/parsers/ParserConfigurationException

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/xml/parsers/ParserConfigurationException 	at
org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.FileMenu.<init>(Unknown Source) 	at
org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.ChainsawToolBarAndMenus.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.LogUI.initGUI(Unknown Source) 	at
org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.LogUI.activateViewer(Unknown Source) 	at
org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.LogUI.createChainsawGUI(Unknown Source) 	at
org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.LogUI.main(Unknown Source) 	at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) 	at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source) 	at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source) 	at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.continueLaunch(Unknown Source) 	at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleApplicationDesc(Unknown Source) 	at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleLaunchFile(Unknown Source) 	at
com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source) 	at
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Mike.