Posted to dev@jakarta.apache.org by Dave Brosius <db...@apache.org> on 2010/11/11 06:07:54 UTC

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project cargo (in module cargo) failed

On 11/10/2010 03:11 PM, Petar Tahchiev wrote:
> Embedded error: Could not find the template 'org/apache/maven/doxia/siterenderer/resources/default-site.vm
Does anyone know what this error is? I pulled from svn and built and got
no errors...

Annoying that it constantly is sending failing emails..

dave

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project cargo (in module cargo) failed

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-11-11, Dave Brosius wrote:

> On 11/10/2010 03:11 PM, Petar Tahchiev wrote:

>> Embedded error: Could not find the template
>> 'org/apache/maven/doxia/siterenderer/resources/default-site.vm

> Does anyone know what this error is?

What you quote is not the problem, the problem is

[ERROR] Parser Exception: org/apache/maven/doxia/siterenderer/resources/default-site.vm
[ERROR] org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.ParseException: Encountered "1.0" at line 308, column 51.

> I pulled from svn and built and got no errors...

Because you are using the version of Velocity specified inside the POM
but Gump uses Velocity's trunk.

Doxia contains Velocity templates that are syntactically invalid
according to later versions of Velocity and in theory should have never
worked (that's what the Velocity guys say, I asked them, I could search
the dev@velocity archives if you are interested in the details).

Later versions of Doxia have been fixed after I opened a JIRA issue, but
Gump can't use that later version because it would force additional
dependencies into the build process that the building project's POMs
wouldn't know about.

The checkstyle plugin uses Doxia to render its report.

The only option to make things work in Gump is to disable checkstyle
generation.  I've moved checkstyle to a profile that Gump can disable
for Cactus (sourcecheck) and tried my best to get rid of the reports
wherever possible.  In Cargo's case Gump explicitly passes
-Dcheckstyle.skip=true on the command line but for reasons that are way
beyound my Maven foo it doesn't show any effect.

> Annoying that it constantly is sending failing emails..

I agree.  Petar once asked for these notifications, it would be trivial
to turn them off (and equally trivial to remove Cargo from the Gump run
completely since it isn't going anywhere anyway).

Stefan