Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marco Bucciarelli <mb...@edp-progetti.it> on 2002/12/20 17:53:49 UTC

Issue with Oracle JDeveloper 9.0.3 and Tomcat 4.1

I opened a thread in Oracle JDeveloper Forum about a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/reflect/ConstructorAccessorImpl and also this thread. This problem came out with a ClassCastException and, after restarting the context, the NoClassDefFoundError: sun/reflect/ConstructorAccessorImpl.

After some experiments, I replicated a strange "interferring" behaviour of Tomcat 4.1 (tried with 4.1.12, 4.1.17, 4.1.18) with two BC4J Applications (9.0.3, I will do some experiment with Tomcat 4.0 and then with 9.0.2).
I put the jars of the BC4J framework (as described in the HOWTO) in the common/lib directory (the same happens putting them in share/lib).
- I have two BC4J applications in the webapps directory, each accessing to two different schemas of the database (say user1 and user2), each using two different AppModules (say AppMod1 and AppMod2).
- I clean all the compiled jsps in work directory.
- I enter in the first application, accessing to a ViewObject in the AppMod1.
- I enter to the second application, accessing to a ViewObject in the AppMod2, but I get a SQLException because the second application tries to execute the SQL statement of the ViewObject in AppMod1 (NOT AppMod2).

If I do the same testing, accessing the second app before the first, I get the inverted situation!!

If I put all the jars in WEB-INF/lib directory af each app. everithing works (except that I get a lot of OutOfMemory EXCEPTIONS).

What is the problem? Something with the ClassLoader of Tomcat 4.1?

I will now try with Tomcat 4.0.

bye,
Marco.