Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD)" <Jo...@thehartford.com> on 2003/07/10 21:22:58 UTC

Using tiles outside of Struts

I format all of my applications pages using Tiles.  Jsp's are all accessed
through struts with the exception of my JSP error handler.  I am not sure
how to make use of my existing tiles-defs.xml file in a stand alone jsp.  I
would like to make user of an existing tile definition to display in the
jsp.  Could anyone give me a heads up on how to do this?  The documentation
shows how to declare a new definition using the tiles tags:

<tiles:insert page="../layouts/storefrontDefaultLayout.jsp" flush="true">
  <tiles:put name="header" value="../common/header.jsp"/>
  <tiles:put name="menubar" value="../common/menubar.jsp"/>
  <tiles:put name="body-content" value="../security/signin-body.jsp"/>
  <tiles:put name="copyright" value="../common/copyright.jsp"/>
</tiles:insert>

How can I reuse my existing xml tiles definitions in a standalone jsp?

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.