Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@ntrnet.net> on 2000/01/24 13:20:11 UTC

1.3.11 Win32 Build needed.

We release 1.3.11 a while ago, and we still don't have a Win32 build
available for download.  There are multiple requests for this on USENET.
Does anybody have any plans to actually create the Win32 build anytime
soon?  I would do it, but I do not have access to Install Shield.

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.

Re: 1.3.11 Win32 Build needed.

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@Mch.SNI.De>.
Very nice design! I like the splash screen and background. Well done!
Installed on NT4SP4, but did not display the README when I told it to
(at the end of the installation).

Also, I had problems because I had an old version of Apache installed
which I uninstalled (but didn't stop the service first, and didn't
reboot. And the old apache service wasn't removed from the system...).
After installing, the "Install as service" item
was an empty link (started the explorer instead of installing the service).
(BTW: I installed on drive D:, not on the system drive).

After uninstalling again, rebooting, and then installing 1.3.11 into D:,
and removing the old service by callinmg "apache -u", then installing
the service by calling "apache -i" and starting it, I still am
having the following (minor) problems:

a) the README isn't displayed
b) the "Install as service" from the Start menu doesn't work (empty .lnk)

    Martin

--
  <Ma...@MchP.Siemens.De>      |       Fujitsu Siemens
       <ma...@apache.org>              |   81730  Munich,  Germany