Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Miroslav Nachev <mi...@space-comm.com> on 2002/01/28 17:22:32 UTC

Passing parameters in XSLT

   Hi!

   Can anybody tell me an easy way of passing an external parameter
(an object or a value) from a Java object to a XSL stylesheet, that
will be visible during transformation.
   The only way I find is by using an external function, but for some
reasons it is not convenient for me.

   Thanks.
   Miro

Re: Passing parameters in XSLT

Posted by John Keyes <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Miroslav,

Here's an example:

StreamSource styleSheet = ...;
StreamSource input = ...;
StreamResult result = ...;

Transformer serializer = null;

serializer = tfactory.newTransformer(styleSheet);
serializer.setParameter("PARAM_NAME","value");
serializer.transform(input, result);

You can refer to the parameter "PARAM_NAME" in your XSLT
as follows:

<xsl:stylesheet ...>
   <xsl:param name="PARAM_NAME"/>

   <xsl:template ...>