Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Barb Cochrane <ba...@eclipse.org> on 2007/12/07 22:07:10 UTC

Commons Configuration & Spice Group

Hello,

In Commons Configuration 1.2, MockStaticMemoryInitialContextFactory.java
carries a different copyright and license than the rest of the files in that
package:

* Copyright (C) The Spice Group. All rights reserved.

 *

 * This software is published under the terms of the Spice

 * Software License version 1.1, a copy of which has been included

 * with this distribution in the LICENSE.txt file.

The only license in the LICENSE.txt file is Apache 2.0.  Are there any plans
to modify either the LICENSE.txt file or the java file so the information
correlates?  If yes, then I guess the follow on question would be: which
file will be modified?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Barb Cochrane

Re: Commons Configuration & Spice Group

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Barb Cochrane wrote:
> Hello,
>

> In Commons Configuration 1.2, MockStaticMemoryInitialContextFactory.java
> carries a different copyright and license than the rest of the files in that
> package:
>

> * Copyright (C) The Spice Group. All rights reserved.
>
>  *
>
>  * This software is published under the terms of the Spice
>
>  * Software License version 1.1, a copy of which has been included
>
>  * with this distribution in the LICENSE.txt file.
>

> The only license in the LICENSE.txt file is Apache 2.0.  Are there any plans
> to modify either the LICENSE.txt file or the java file so the information
> correlates?  If yes, then I guess the follow on question would be: which
> file will be modified?

IIRC the problem with the different licenses was detected during the
preparations for the 1.4 release. The solution was to completely rewrite
the affected test case. So starting with configuration 1.4 the problem
is solved.

Older releases cannot be changed any more, so there are no plans of
changing artifacts in them.

Oliver