Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com> on 2018/01/02 18:28:43 UTC

Re: ASF Board Report for Impala - Initial Reminder for January 2018

Moving off private@, there's nothing private about this.

The report posting tool isn't working for me. I filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIMSY-170

The report I will post when it works again is below. Corrections are
welcome. Note that this is a report for a single month since we are in
our first 3 months as a TLP.

Impala is a high-performance distributed SQL engine.

## Issues:

There are no special issues the board should be aware of.

## Activity:

Notable efforts in December include work on decimal and floating point
correctness, test and build infrastructure refactoring, the addition of more
debugging and profiling information (and the removal of some less helpful
information), perfomance improvements for computing table statistics, support
for processors with AVX-512, a variety of fixes to runtime filters, and
kerberos handling improvements.

## Health report:

The project is healthy. December was a slower month than November, likely due
to two US holidays at the end of the month. There were 60 commits, 112 dev@
emails, 45 user@ emails, 66 tickets resolved, and 94 tickets opened.

## PMC and committer changes:

Greg Rahn was added as a committer on December 12.  The most recent new PMC
member was added on 2017-09-27.

## Releases:

The release process for 2.11 is underway:
https://s.apache.org/impala-2.11-vote-results

Re: Re: ASF Board Report for Impala - Initial Reminder for January 2018

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Impala.html
 I'm glad you found it useful!

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@126.com>.