Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2007/07/12 11:33:30 UTC

[HttpCore] interceptor RequestDate

Hi folks,

I just noticed that we have an interceptor ResponseDate,
but not RequestDate in HttpCore-main. While clients are
not required to send Date: headers, they are allowed to
in POST and PUT requests. (RFC 2616, 14.18)
Since the date generation and formatting logic is the
same as for the server, I suggest to add a RequestDate
interceptor in core.
Having separate classes for either side is better
since instanceof checks are used in some places.

What do you think?

cheers,
  Roland

Re: [HttpCore] interceptor RequestDate

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 11:33 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just noticed that we have an interceptor ResponseDate,
> but not RequestDate in HttpCore-main. While clients are
> not required to send Date: headers, they are allowed to
> in POST and PUT requests. (RFC 2616, 14.18)
> Since the date generation and formatting logic is the
> same as for the server, I suggest to add a RequestDate
> interceptor in core.
> Having separate classes for either side is better
> since instanceof checks are used in some places.
>
> What do you think?

Go for it.

Oleg