Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by John Kolvereid <od...@op.net> on 2002/02/27 06:42:12 UTC

mod_webapp install error addendum

Hi,
    I was able to build mod_webapp by first downloading and installing
the
            libtool-1.3.5
then I was able to
    config --with-apxs=$APACHE/bin/apxs
The resulting mod_webapp.so then allowed me to successfully load
httpd.conf w/ the required lines:
        LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
        AddModule mod_webapp.c
I was able to restart my $APACHE.

--
      John Kolvereid
      http://www.akaodin.com

Re: some basic question

Posted by steve martin <st...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Bill, I'll look into it.

steve
Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

some basic question

Posted by steve martin <st...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
I am trying to understand how Catalina works.

I understand that the first file called is the
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap that loads all
necessary classes. After the loading and instantiating
the org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina object, it
then invokes the process() method of the Catalina
object.

In the Catalina class, the process() method calls
execute() which in turns calls start(). Now here is
where I started to get confused.

The start() method begins with

XmlMapper mapper = createStartMapper();

and then, after if (System.getSecurityManager() !=
null) {
}

if (server instanceof Lifecycle) {
}